By Adam Kolb
Co-Sports Editor

Due to Covid-19 and the current health department restrictions in Hutchinson, the NJCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament Committee has announced updated ticketing procedures and policies for this year’s event that will be held April 19-24.

To align with current local guidelines, capacity at the Sports Arena will be capped at 25 percent, and seating assignments will be general admission by section. 

“We are proud of the rich tradition and first-class experience that exists in Hutchinson for the NJCAA DI Men’s Basketball Tournament,” Ron Chadwick, Tournament Chairman said. “The committee has made these adjustments in order to still provide the best tournament possible under local safety restrictions.”

Tickets for the 2021 tournament will be available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis, and will be general admission by section in the arena. Tournament tickets will be sold online at njcaa.org/tickets and will be available to download on a mobile device or print-at-home immediately after purchase. Touchless ticketing and digital scanning of tickets will allow for a safer fan experience when attending the tournament.

“The NJCAA always appreciates the community support in Hutchinson and the work of our local partners but this year, everyone has gone above and beyond in the face of adversity,” said Brian Luckett, NJCAA Vice President for External Affairs and Development. “While COVID-19 has forced the tournament committee to expedite some of the already planned updates to tournament operations, we look forward to the DI Men’s Basketball Championship coming out of the pandemic stronger for the future with these new initiatives.”