Photo by Nathan Addis/HutchCC Sports Information

By Adam Kolb / Co-Sports Editor

Hutchinson Community College women’s basketball All-American Abby Ogle made it official on Wednesday, signing a national letter of intent to continue her basketball career at West Virginia. 

Ogle is the first Blue Dragon sophomore to decide where she will play next season.

Ogle had an exceptional season for the Blue Dragons, as she was the leading scorer for a team that finished 28-4 and won the Jayhawk West championship. Ogle was also a third-team NJCAA All-American. 

Ogle, a 5-foot-8 guard from Baldwin, earned Jayhawk West and Region 6 first-team selections, and was the 2020 Jayhawk West Player of the Year. She was also a three-time Jayhawk Conference Player of the Week and earned one NJCAA National Player of the Week award this season.

Ogle finished this season averaging 15.5 points per game, which was good for seventh in the conference in 2020. She also shot 59.3 percent from the field. That percentage was the best in the conference and fourth-best in Blue Dragon single-season history.

She ranked first in the conference with 3.7 steals per game, and her 114 steals this season were fourth most in single-season history. Her 213 career steals ranked No. 2 in HutchCC women’s basketball history. 

Ogle is the first Blue Dragon’s women’s basketball player to play at West Virginia, and is the first Blue Dragon to go to a Big 12 school since Bride Kennedy-Hopoate signed with Iowa State in 2017.