By Jake Brown / Staff Writer
With the outbreak of the coronavirus (covid-19), Hutchinson Community College officials are alerting students and staff.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated that the American public has a low risk of contracting the virus, but like the typical flu-like virus, people over the age of 60, or those with hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease or cancer are at risk for contracting the virus more than others.
The HutchCC Marketing and Public Relations office offered the following tips for staff and students.
- If you are ill, stay home.
- WASH. YOUR. HANDS. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not share food or drinks, eating utensils or smoking devices.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold- or flu-like symptoms.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with your elbow.
- Use good hygiene, wellness and sleep habits. Be mindful of travel to areas of concentrated sickness during spring break.
- Be mindful of travel to areas of concentrated sickness.