By Jordan Arheart / Staff Writer

Name: Mike Shirkey

Position at HutchCC: Student Counselor.

What made you become a Chiefs fan: Probably just because they’re local. KC is the closest NFL franchise, that and when I started getting into football was when they won their first Super Bowl.

How long have you been a Chiefs fan: 50 years, a long time

What team do you consider to be the Chiefs’ biggest rival: Oh man, over the years I’d have to say the Raiders. Marty Schottenheimer was coach for the Chiefs and would always say “It’s Raiders week,” which was a way to get his team amped and ready to fight

How many times have you attended a game at Arrowhead: I think only two or three times

What is your most memorable memory as a Chiefs fan: Oh man, that’s a hard one. I mean I would say, kind of recent bias, but winning the AFC championship to go to the Super Bowl this year. Biggest thing we’ve done. I barely remember the last Super Bowl we went to.

Who is your favorite player not named Patrick Mahomes: Travis Kelce

Favorite all time Chief: This goes way back. I’d say Bobby Bell. He was a linebacker for the Chiefs back during Super Bowl IV, I’d say one of the best linebackers to ever play the game. I’ve still got two guys, Bobby Bell and Buck Buchannan, I’ve got their football cards from 50 years ago.

AFC Championship feeling: Unreal. I kept waiting for the usual disappointment, but when time ran out on the clock I turned to my son-in-law and said “Oh my god… we’re going to the Super Bowl”. Very satisfying.

Super Bowl plans: I wish I could be there. I looked at a package, but for three nights in a nice hotel and a ticket to the game … $8,000. I work at HutchCC, that’s not going to happen. So I’m just going to get together with family and friends to watch the game.

Super Bowl prediction: Obviously the Chiefs win. I’d put it at 35-27 Chiefs over 49ers. It’s been 50 years for the Chiefs, Andy Reid has 21 years of coaching under his belt with no trophy. Kyle Shanahan, the 49ers head coach, is young and has a lot of years left. San Francisco has had its share of trophies. The stars are aligning for the Chiefs this year. San Francisco has a good D, but they can’t match Mahomes.