Campus Editor Pablo Sanchez will periodically write about money-saving apps that college students might find of use. This week, he writes about “Honey”.

There’s been a lot of talk about an app that is on the Google extension library only called “Honey”.

With “Honey”, you can get free coupons that will help with saving and is 100 percent safe, and will not slow down your computer.

“Honey” will tell you how long ago a coupon code was used, will scan through all the codes on the website that you intend to use, and will pick out the best one that is good for you.

Some websites may not have codes, so you can request it by the team who works for “Honey” and they’ll look into it.

“Honey” does not generate a code for you if one is already applied. “Honey” takes security seriously, and the only information they need is your name and email. You can link your social media information if you wish, if a code doesn’t work out it will be sent out to “Honey” to have it removed.

This app will turn orange in the top right corner when a code is eligible for use, and after going to check out on the website that is able to be used. It will show what codes are good and there is a search bar for this app to help find other places that do these.

“Honey” benefits everyone from college students, parents, and anyone else looking to save on money. “Honey” had a recent update that works with hotels, so instead of looking through expensive ones, the app will find the cheapest hotel.

Although there is a twist to this.

In order for you to use the hotel search, you have to buy something from the stores that they provide to you and they will give you anywhere from $2-$50 and you’ll get an exclusive key to use to find cheap hotels.

Overall if you are looking to find a fast and easy way to find coupons and want to save money and acquire more money in return, “Honey” is for you baby.