As the Kansas State Fair continues, you expect the busy streets, crazy drivers and inconveniently closed off areas to come along with it right?

What about when the fair is over?

Then we will go back to the drivers who never use their blinkers or don’t watch out for pedestrians as often as they should.

Granted, there are many students who feel it would be fine to be hit as long as they get their tuition paid for. You know who you are.

Well, how about if you get seriously injured because someone really wasn’t paying attention on Plum Street or at the crosswalks from the dorms to campus? You wouldn’t be too happy then.

Something has to be said about the crazy drivers here in Hutchinson. It’s ridiculous sometimes.

There are even drag races, which take place at night where people love showing off their fancy cars that go super fast and almost get them totaled in the process. What common sense is that?

Have you noticed how many people don’t use their blinkers in this town, well it’s quite a few.

Whatever happened to the common courtesy of letting the person behind you know what you are doing?

Not to mention, signaling people in the other lanes that had no clue you were going to swap into their lane all of a sudden.

Another trait of the average crazy Hutch driver is that they seem to think they can beat you when a two-lane road turns into a one lane.

Come on, just wait a second instead of passing to speed up then switching lanes right when the road cuts off making the person directly behind them slam on their breaks.

So for every Hutchinson driver reading this, please, for everyone’s safety and sanity, please use good driving etiquette! We understand you might be in a hurry, but you will arrive at your destination faster if we don’t get into a wreck.