The start of the new Hutchinson Community College school year is right around the corner, with 2018 fall enrollment coming up.

Enrollment for the fall semester starts March 5, for current students at HutchCC. Enrollment for new students start April 6.

Current HutchCC students who are planning on returning are encouraged to enroll early. This not only allows for students to get an early start with next semester, but this allows for students to get the classes and times they want with few complications.

Early enrolment allows for students to meet with their advisors and figure out any schedule conflicts before summer starts, for students and advisors.

All students are encouraged to meet with their advisor before the fall semester starts.

“If possible, I encourage students to meet with their advisors face-to-face. Advisors are support persons, referral sources and encourages on student’s journey at HutchCC,” said Christopher Lau, HutchCC Coordinator of Advising.

Students should also meet with their advisors to see where they are at. Students should also be expected to discuss what their next step is at HutchCC, or their next plans in life.

“We want students to think seriously about what comes after HutchCC, whether it be employment or transfer,” Lau said.

Students should also be patient during the enrollment time, as this process can be frustrating to students at times.

Amanda Carney