By The Collegian staff
The Hutchinson Community College women’s soccer team will open the Region 6 Tournament on Saturday at the Salthawk Sports Complex, as the Blue Dragons will take on Coffeyville Community College at 2 p.m.

The Blue Dragons finished second in the Jayhawk West after losing back-to-back one-goal games to Cloud County. Monday’s 2-1 loss in Concordia gave the title to Cloud County.

Should Hutchinson win, it would play Thursday in Topeka against either Barton Community College or Johnson County Community College.

The Blue Dragons wrapped up regular-season play with a 13-3-1 record. Coffeyville is 12-5.

Volleyball – Hutchinson will end the regular season Saturday with a trip to Liberal to take on Seward County Community College.

The Blue Dragons are 24-11 overall and receiving votes in the NJCAA poll. They are 12-3 in Jayhawk West play.

Saturday’s match comes against one of the nation’s best teams. Seward County, ranked No. 4, is 30-1 overall and 15-0 in the conference.

Hutchinson will then open the Region 6 Tournament at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday against Dodge City at the Sports Arena.

Men’s golf – The Blue Dragons finished tied for 10th at the MSSU Men’s Fall Invitational, which ended Tuesday in Monkey Island, Oklahoma.

Playing against four-year schools, the Blue Dragons finished the three-round event with a score of 930, tying with Southern Nazarene and just four strokes behind sixth place Missouri Southern State.
Sophomore Cole Gritton had back-to-back 72s and finished tied for seventh, the highest-placing Blue Dragon.

The Blue Dragons will wrap up their fall schedule Tuesday in Texas.