By Lucas Barlow
Sports Editor
El Dorado was the spot of the fifth and final regular season meet for the Hutchinson Community College cross country team. The No. 13-ranked women’s team was led by freshman Sarah Patterson as she crossed the finish line 16th overall with a time of 20 minutes, 19.81 second. She joins teammates Maggie Lambert and and Aileen Gomez as top finishers this year.

The Blue Dragons scored 136 points and finished fourth out of the eight teams participating. Cowley Community College dominated the race with its top six runners all placing in the top 10. Butler Community College and Allen County Community College placed second and third respectively.

Men’s Cross Country – Monday’s Ollie Isom Invitational was the last chance for the men to run before the Region 6 Championship on Oct. 30 in Garden City. Freshman Connor Kaufman once again led the men’s team as he finished his eight-kilometer race in 14th place with a time of 27:17.4. Jared Stark also placed in the Top 20 with an 18th-place finish.

The Blue Dragons averaged a time of 27:55.58, scored 117 total points and finished 5th overall. Cloud County placed first in the standings, followed by Cowley County Community College, Bacone, Butler Community College and then Hutchinson.

Men’s golf – The No. 6 golf team traveled almost 500 miles as they competed in the NJCAA National Preview in Lubbock, Texas. Australian-born Douglas Rios-Ceballos shot a 69 and finished 15th overall during Tuesday’s round. Andrew Rios-Ceballos and Cole Gritton shot a 71 each to tie for the 23rd place.
As a team, the Blue Dragons placed eighth in the 15-team field. Out of 54 holes, the team shot 883. The next competition for the team is at Sangri La country Club in Monkey Island, Oklahoma.