By Angela Lingg and Bailey Terry

Loribeth Reynolds/Collegian - Wes Chaney, Hutchinson, flies through the air in the long jump field event during the Hutch Night Relays on April 2. Chaney placed third in the long jump with a jump of 23 feet two inches.

The HCC track team competed at the Friends University Invitational in Wichita.

The men’s team finished second with 120 points.

The women finished in third with 121.5 points.

Stein Desir, Palm Beach, Florida, finished in first-place in the 400 meters with a time of 49 seconds.

In the 400-meter hurdles, Matt Willis, Newton, and Weston Riner, Pratt, took first and second respectively.

Wes Chaney, Hutchinson, finished in second in the long jump with a jump of 21 feet nine inches.

Dallas Thompson, Madison, finished in second in the men’s weight throw with a toss of 159 feet 8 inches.

The 4×400 meter team consisting of Deontre Richardson, Hillsboro, Texas, Desir, Ishmael Goyco, Orlando, Florida, and Riner, finished in second with a time of 3 minutes 22.9 seconds.

On the women’s side, Shaquellra Collins, Houston, Texas, finished in second in the 400 meters with a time of 58.37 seconds.

Leah Nelson, Wellington, finished in second in the 800 meters with a time of 2 minutes 26 seconds.

Loribeth Reynolds/Collegian - Angela Lingg, Goddard, passed her opponent in the 3000 meter steeple chase during the Hutch Night Relays on April 2.

Karis Parker, Wichita, finished first in the 100 meter hurdles with a time 0f 14.38 second.

Paige Houston, Midwest City, Oklahoma, finished first in the shot put with a throw of 41 feet 8 inches.

Kylie James, Manhattan, finished second in discus with a throw of 120 feet 9 inches.

In their only home meet of the season, the Blue Dragons competed in Gowans Stadium on April 2 for the Hutch Night Relays.

For the men’s running events, Desir achieved two first place medals in the 110-meter hurdles and the 400-meter hurdles.

Behind Desir came Dragon runners, Willis and Riner in second and third place.

For the men’s field events, in discus, D. Thompson and Joseph took third and fourth with 135 feet and 10 inches and 130 feet one inch.

In the hammer toss, Joseph took second and D. Thompson took third with throws of 159 feet and two inches and 159 feet one inch.

For the Javelin, Anthony Cisneros, Gardner, placed second with a throw of 166 feet and eight inches.

For the Hutch women’s running events, Collins took home two first place finishes in the 200 meters and 400 meters with times of 25.22 seconds and 57.22 seconds.

In the 100-meter hurdles, Parker took second with a time of 14.74 seconds.

In the 3000-meter steeplechase, Angela Lingg, Goddard, took second place with a time of 14 minutes and 10 seconds.

For the women’s field events, Parker and Daisha Terry, Macon, Georgia, took third and fourth in high jump.

In shot put, Houston took first place with a throw of 40 feet and a half of an inch.

The HCC track team will be competing at Pittsburg State University on Saturday, April 16.