By Hannah Wallace

Dear Hannah, Are you sad that this is the last HCC newspaper you will be writing in?

Dear wondering, it is for sure a bittersweet moment for me.

I have enjoyed my time on the news staff but also know that there are bigger fish for me to fry out there in the world.

I am happy to say that me being on the staff has taught me a lot of life lessons that I will never forget.

For example: Never address a person that sags their pants as a “swagget,” because they will get offended.

Also, sneaking into a “No trespassing” graveyard is not necessarily the wisest idea, and lastly, never run from the cops, because they will catch you.

I have loved my time here at HCC and have loved writing for the paper. But like all good things, my time here must come to an end because I am “better than everyone else.”

Dear Hannah, What will you be studying in Hawaii? How long will you be there?

Dear curious, I will be studying Marine Biology and Oceanographic Sciences with an emphasis in Elasmobranchology, or the study of sharks.

My plans are to receive a master’s degree and to conduct research studies in the migration of sharks, specifically Great Whites. If offered a job in Hawaii, I don’t think I will ever move back to Kansas.

If it is not Hawaii, then maybe California or even South Africa, because they have some of the world’s leading research labs for marine studies.

My goal is to live as close to the ocean as I possibly can, so where there is an ocean that’s where you’ll find me!

Dear Hannah, Do you have any last words for HCC?

Dear fan, I was once told to think realistically, that having realistic dreams was the groundwork of success.

But I’ve come to the conclusion that to do extraordinary things you have to think in an extraordinary fashion.

Bravery and courage is often mistaken for insanity.

Anything out of the ordinary is often viewed as rebellious, and confidence can sometimes be mistaken for cockiness.

I believe that the true backbone of success is made up of sheer willpower and the belief in a greater good that can only be reached through hard work and dedication.

I leave you with these words and wishing you all nothing but the best.

Hannah Wallace is signing out!