Just

between

us

By Shelby Horton

Dear Shelby,

What are some ways to make my boyfriend last longer in bed?

Dear Over Eight Seconds,

There are plenty of ways to get your partner to last longer in bed, but first discuss this with your partner.

You want to have a discussion about this in private, because this could be an embrassing moment for him.

He may not find this as a problem that needs correcting, while you need him to be willing to participate in whatever you and your he choose to take as a plan of action.

Doctor Lauren Berman, author of “The New Naked: the Ultimate Sex Education for Grown-Ups,” says the average man can on last, at max, one to two minutes.

If this is the case for your partner, then he is average, like most of the male population.

However, if you still want to find ways to have a longer sexual experience, here are a few things you can do.

Your partner could try Kegel exercises. A Swedish study found that men who participated in pelvic exercises had improved their performance in the bedroom.

Also, try a healthier lifestyle. Erections result from good blood flow, so exercising can be good for sexual performances.

Also, avoid smoking and drinking alcohol, for these substances can affect your performance, as well.

However, if your partner doesn’t see any need to correct what you find as an issue, you may need to reevaluate your relationship.

If your needs aren’t being met, you and he may not be a good match.

Dear Shelby,

What is the best way to be more vocal when telling your partner what pleasures you in the bedroom?

Dear Chatty,

As I have said in multiple articles, communication is key to any relationship, in the bedroom and outside of it.

Though it can feel embarrassing to have to bring up such a delicate subject with your partner, since you don’t want them to offended or weirded out.

However, in order to have a good relationship you need to be open to your partner about your wants and needs.

If they don’t accept what you need to be happy, then maybe you shouldn’t be in that relationship.

Dear Shelby,

I spent the night with my girlfriend, and when we woke up I tried to give her a good morning kiss. She commented on how bad my morning breath was. Is there a way to get rid of this problem?

Dear Bad Breath,

Everyone has bad breath in the morning; so don’t get too embarrassed about it. But to keep it at a tolerable level, there are a few steps you can take.

Before you go to bed at night drink plenty of water. Generally, throughout the day, bad breath is caused by dehydration in the mouth, which allows bacteria to flourish.

If you’re not doing this already, brush and floss your teeth before bed, and add a minty mouthwash to your oral care routine.

Keep mints by the beside. This way, before kissing your partner, you can pop a mint in, and never have to leave the bed.

If all else fails, just kiss her with your mouth closed in the morning.

Dear Shelby,

Would it be emascu-lating if I ask my boyfriend to wear “men’s lingerie?”

Dear Equal Opportunity,

This may be a strange request, and may come as a bit of shocker to your partner, but if it’s something you think may add little spice to your relationship, go for it.

Make sure to have open discussion, and if he’s uncomfortable with it, maybe drop the subject or find a compromise.

There are many options you can explore, such as the “backless jockstrap” or the mankini g-string.