By Amaelle Caron

Rainbow Hilton/Collegian - At left, the old, well-worn seats at the Mall 8 theaters; at right, the new, spiffy recliners that are now being installed. Completion date is March 24.

The Hutchinson movie theaters are getting a new look.

On Jan. 27, the theater owners announced an extensive remodeling of the B&B Hutchinson Mall 8 Cinema.

The building, with its eight screens, is located in the Hutchinson Mall on East 11th Avenue.

B&B is a family owned cinema chain founded in 1924 that currently operates 414 screens.

It is the 9th largest theater chain in the U.S. They try to improve their theaters to give the customers a good experience.

Ethan Hood, Winfield, knew about the construction project long before the theater made the announcement public,

“I was told last year by a worker at the concession stand that the movie theater was bought by a new owner and was being completely restored,” Hood said.

“I had no idea the construction would be this extreme. I might start going there more than the Warren Theatres in Wichita.”

Hutchinson Mall 8 Cinema is updating its software which will allow customers to pick their seats as well as participate in the B&B Theaters Backstage Pass Loyalty Program, which is a reward system available for their customers.

The theater is also installing brand new recliner seats to replace the old seats in the eight auditoriums.

They also will invite customers to bring their own blankets to feel even more comfortable in their brand new seats.

On top of all these new additions, the theater invested in self-serve soda fountains and, for the 21 and older, a new Marquee Bar and Lounge will be offering alcoholic beverages in a reserved area.

They are also planning on updating the restrooms and external façade; also changing the carpets.

In other words, the theater is getting an extreme makeover to please its faithful customers.

Many people reacted to this announcement on the theater’s Facebook page.

One of the biggest concerns of the customers was to know if it would change the prices of the tickets and concessions.

The staff responded by saying the prices would stay the same.

Basically, they will get more fun and comfort for the same price.

After seeing the reactions online, many people are excited for the opening of the building and to discover the new B&B.

“I can’t wait to go there with my boyfriend!” said Sherry Matthews, McPherson.

The construction started in the beginning of February and should be done by March 24, for the opening of the movie “Batman vs. Superman.”

More information can be found on the theater’s Facebook page, where updates and pictures are posted regularly.