By Casey Jones

Shelby Horton/Collegian - Jackie Long, HCC career development and placement coordinator, explains the creation of ‘Careerzone,’ now available for students to use.

HCC has introduced a new web-service tool available to all current students and recent alumni.

The service, Career Zone, is meant to connect students with employers using the quickest means possible.

“The hopes of the software is to provide a connection between our area employers and our students and graduates,” said Jackie Long, the HCC career development and placement coordinator.

All HCC students are already signed up; all that needs to be done is to go to the HCC website, click on the Student Success Center link, open the Career Zone tab, and click on the College Central Network graphic.

Once there, select “student,” click on “forgot password,” and enter your nine-digit student ID in the ID field and your Dragonzone email address in the email address field.

This will allow you to immediately reset the password linked to the account and give access to the service.

All currently enrolled students have received an email including step-by-step instructions to set up their account.

A second email with the same subject line “Career Zone” was sent by mistake and should be disregarded.

A third email may be sent with up-to-date instructions.

Once inside of Career Zone, the students will be prompted to update information that will help with connections with employers, including the student’s intended major, what type of degree is being pursued, and what jobs the student is looking into.

When all of the information is filled out, the student will have access to the main page, where a list of events to support student success is available.

This includes mock job interviews, the upcoming jobs event, and various workshops to help with job searches.

On top of this, a job fair is coming up on Feb. 24 at the Sports Arena that will allow students to directly connect with employers who are excited about hiring students and graduates from HCC.

The service will improve connections between students and employers.