By Shelby Horton

Dear Shelby,

When in a long term relationship and things begin to get dull, what are some things you can do to spice it up in the bedroom?

Dear slowing down,

It’s common for couples to slow down as their relationship moves out of the honeymoon phase. When that new romance vibe begins to wear off things start to feel dull.

But don’t despair; moving into the next phase can be just as great too. If things get a slow in the bedroom, go on a romantic date and learn about each other.

Find out about interest, go on an adventure, or start to read a book together. You’ll begin to care more for your partner, or find new excitement in your relationship, which will eventually transfer over into the bedroom.

But if you’re looking for strictly sexual aspects, sit down with your partner and have an open conversation about what else you would like to experience in the bedroom.

Dear Shelby,

I got this girl’s number but I have no clue on what an appropriate first text should be?

Dear Nervous texter,

If you’re nervous about sending out the first text, understand the girl is probably just as nervous about the first text as well.

If you’re really worried, maybe think up a date, and text her if she’s free to go out. Or that you were just thinking about her.

Be confident and take a risk. The worst thing that could happen is she doesn’t respond.

Dear Shelby,

Should I be ashamed when I masturbate?

Dear worried,

Masturbation is a taboo subject among many people, and it depends on how you were raised.

It’s a personal choice if you want to do it or not

According to an Indiana University national study, 7.3 percent of women between the ages of 18 to 24 masturbate two to three times per week, compared to 20.8 percent of men. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/04/women-masturbation-statistics-fivethirtyeight_n_5445530.html

It is believed that masturbating is helpful in relieving stress, and with some minor types of pain.

However, you don’t need to do this to survive and it’s up to you if you want to do it.

This is your business and yours alone. Don’t be ashamed of your decision.