By Shelby Horton

Dear Shelby,

I have an STD but I don’t know how to tell my man. Help!

Dear Patient Zero,

Though this will be very uncomfortable for you and him, you need to be honest about your current condition.

For now, not only is your health at risk but also his. When you enter a consensual relationship, you are responsible for being honest and open about any sexual diseases you may have contradicted before or during the relationship. Meet with him in private, and tell him bluntly about him needing to be tested. Then focus on what you need to do about getting yourself better.

Dear Shelby,

My boyfriend wants to have sex but I’m a virgin. Could you give me some tips on how to make my first moment memorable?

Dear First-timer,

Before you have your first sexual experience make sure you’re ready first, if you’re not fully committed, you are allowed to say no at any time before or during sex.

Secondly, make yourself informed. A lot of things are going to be happening with your body that may surprise you, such as bodily fluids. Ask a friend or browse the Internet, to help you figure out what to expect. When you’re actually alone together, take it slow. Nothing has to happen right away, try kissing and touching each other to test the waters. Figure out what you like and what he likes, it’ll make for a better time. Now when you’re in the moment relax and focus on the feeling, don’t think about your homework or cleaning your room. Just enjoy the moment and your partner. Lastly, use a condom knowing your safe will make you feel better and help you relax.

Dear Shelby,

Guys at the dorm keep asking me if I “do anal.” How does that work? As a freshman girl, I am at a loss.

Dear adventurous,

Lube, lube, and more lube! When having anal sex, it’s not one of the easiest things to do despite what porn may tell you.

You can’t just surprise your partner with it one night without discussing it. If one of you isn’t into it, then no one is going to have fun. If your partner gives consent, then I recommend preparing yourself beforehand. First of all, avoid tacos or spicy, refried beans. In other words, don’t eat something that gives you indigestion.

Make sure your partner has a condom, it will prevent any bacteria from spreading. Never use the same condom going from vaginal to anal, and back again.

Find the most comfortable position you can be in, and try to relax your muscles. You’re going to panic at first, but if you followed the first step you don’t need to worry. It’ll hurt at first, the first time is always the most painful, but with enough lubricant it won’t be that bad.

Dear Shelby,

My girl wants to call me daddy but I want to call her mommy, how can we solve this?

Dear Submissive,

The Daddy and Mommy fetish deals with a dominant and submissive relationship between two consenting partners. The person receiving the title of mommy or daddy is considered the dominant.

However it appears both of you want to be the submissive role, if you want to keep your relationship I recommend learning to take turns and each take on the dominance role for a time during sex and wherever else you may explore your fetish.

But if this is something that is important to your sexual gratification, then I suggest finding a new partner for your relationship may not be compatible on a sexual level. The choice is yours on how much you value the sexual aspect of your relationship along with the personal part of it as well.