By Rachel Swafford

College consists of studying hard and working to achieve your future goals.

Also, for a lot of students, it consists of partying on the weekends (and sometimes weeknights, because why not?).

The state of Kansas is known by college-aged kids to be one of the best places to go to school.

Some of the reason may be heavily influenced by the amount of crazy parties thrown by college students, for college students.

According to statistics, the number one party school in the Sunflower State is Kansas State University.

KSU holds the 40th spot in the national ranking of Best Party Schools in the United States. Apparently those Wildcats know how to get down and crazy on the weekends.

K-State is located in the town of Manhattan. To some, the best place in Manhattan is the wonderful strip known as Aggieville. House parties are a big thing in Manhattan for those who are underage, but still want to go out, meet new people, and have a few drinks.

Every weekend you can expect to see college students flooding local bars and out on the town ready to have a good time.

The University of Kansas holds the number two spot in the Kansas ranking.

It’s also nationally ranked 46th in the United States. KU is located in Lawrence, one of the most diverse cities in Kansas, and possibly the whole United States.

I’m sure it’s no surprise to anyone who has ever been there that it is a town full of partying college students, especially when they’re playing Kansas State University.

Pittsburg State University is the number three party school in Kansas. Pitt State is located in the town of Pittsburg.

The fourth-ranked party school here in Kansas is Fort Hays State University, located in Hays.

Now obviously, in order to make friends and have a good college experience, you don’t have to party.

You can have a great time with or without alcohol or being in the presence of those who are influenced by it.

But going to college parties can be a great way to meet new people. It’s also good if you want to get out of your shell.

Even though there are many college students who don’t agree with drinking and getting trashed, it seems to play a huge role in the lives of many.

As much fun as it can be, partying can have consequences.

Don’t get into a car with someone who has been drinking, and don’t drink and drive. Also, be careful when consuming alcohol if you are underage.

Here’s a friendly reminder for you: Get some Gatorade and Tylenol for the morning after, because you’ll probably need it.

Party on, Kansas college students!