By Bailey Terry

Loribeth Reynolds/Collegian - Kailey Jenkins, Wellington, stands on the base and waits for an opportunity to run to the next base on March 10 during the home game.

The Lady Dragons softball team traveled to Coffeyville on March 27 to play the Red Ravens.

The Dragons lost the first game of the double header 7-4 and won the second game 1-0.

In the first game, Hutch struggled until the bottom of the seventh inning when they scored three runs, but were unable to catch back up, since the Red Ravens scored seven runs in the game.

As the second game began, neither team was able to score even after Coffeyville had the bases loaded without a single out at the top of the fourth inning.

Dragon pitcher, Brittany Olender, Victoria, British Columbia, was able to strike out three players in a row, helping the score stay 0-0.

Loribeth Reynolds/Collegian - Holly Kelly, Cypress, Texas, pitches during the Cloud County game on March 10. The Dragons won both games of the double header, 4-2 and 12-4.

Olender, once again, was able to strike out players after Coffeyville had two runners on the bases at the top of the sixth inning.

The game was still scoreless.

The Dragons had opportunities to score during the bottom of the sixth inning with two runners on the bases and only one out, but were unable to score.

Hutch was finally able to score the only run of the game during the seventh inning.

The Dragons are scheduled to play at home at Fun Valley on April 2 against the Tabor College JV.