By Bailey Terry

Darriell Rhodes /Collegian - Morgan Godinet, Manhattan, boxes out her opponents after a shot to get the rebound against the Colby Trojans.

Our No. 2 ranked Lady Dragons demolished the Colby Trojans, 91-31, at home on Jan. 17.

The victory continued the Lady Dragons’ winning streak to 19-0 overall and 5-0 in the Jayhawk West.

It also extended their winning streak in the sports arena to 112 consecutive wins.

Cynthia Petke, Yaounde, Cameroon, scored the most for the Lady Dragons on Jan. 17, with 22 points, shooting 9-12 from the field and 4 of 5 from the free throw line.

She also tied her season-high of five assists and two blocked shots.

Kalani Purcell, Hamilton, New Zealand, was able to get her 12th double-double of the season with 14 points and a game-high of 11 rebounds. Purcell also had five assists and four steals.

Sydney Benoit, Smith Center, had her first game with double digits in scoring. She scored a season-high of 14 points while shooting 5 of 6 and two three-point baskets.

Darriell Rhodes /Collegian - Shakira Harding, Houma, Fla., watches for the ball as she plays defense on Jan. 17, against the Trojans.

Shakira Harding, Houma, Fla., scored nine points, while Clemence LeFebrve, St. Martin, France, had seven points and seven rebounds.

Mandy Madden, Topeka, finished the game with six points.

Hutch scored 25 of the first 28 points, also holding the Trojans to just one for 15 shooting, making the Lady Dragons lead 25-3, just over nine minutes into the game.

Displaying the leading defense in the Jayhawk West, HCC held their opponents to just 31 points.

The Trojans scored just 14 points in the first half.

The Lady Dragons shot 60% in the opening half, their tenth time shooting better than 50% in a game this season.

HCC out rebounded Colby 49-21 and had just 12 turnovers, while their opponents had 20.

Darriell Rhodes /Collegian - Kalani Purcell, Hamilton, New Zealand, keeps the ball away from her opponent, while looking for a teammate to pass to on Jan. 17, at home against Colby. The Lady Dragons hammered the Trojans, 91-31.

This game featured the Lady Dragons biggest lead in a half, 33 points, ending the half with a score of 43-14.

As the second half started, the Lady Dragons had a massive run against the Trojans, 33-2, in just 12 minutes, making the score 76-16.

A Petke basket ended HCC’s run with just over seven minutes left.

The Trojans were able to score 15 points in the last seven minutes.

The ending score was 91-31, the largest deficit against any team this season.

The Lady Dragons play at home again on Jan. 24 against the Thunderbirds of Cloud County Community College. This game will be another Jayhawk West Conference team. The tip-off is at 5:30.