By Gabe Perry
IG: @gabep_24

Waymond Jordan is off to a hot start for the top-ranked Hutchinson Community College football team, leading the NJCAA in total rushing yards with 397.

Last season Jordan only had 202 rushing yards, so already passing the previous mark, both he and coach Drew Dallas contribute the success to the offseason work that he put in.

“Well, I mean, he worked extremely hard, and he’s diligent in what he did, in his preparation for his body. You know, he’s a different back, speed, wise, strength, wise, agility, wise, than what he was towards the beginning of last, last season. So, I mean, he put the work in to it, just in the training and it shows, I mean, he’s such a tough, physical runner,” Dallas said.

The Blue Dragons faced off against Iowa Central on Saturday at Gowans Stadium. After a slow start in the first half, Jordan ran in a touchdown of the second half.

“You know, I thought he had some really tough runs today, and some big time explosive runs that got some extra yards after contact. It was great to see.” Dallas said.

The Blue Dragons battled against Iowa Central, winning 33-30 in overtime.

“We are nowhere near what we need to be for later in the season, but we are going to keep getting better and better and better,” Jordan said.

Jordan’s stellar season so far has put him on the radar of some FBS schools. Jordan has picked up offers so far from Utah State, Massachusetts, Eastern Michigan and more.

“I think for the rest of the year we got to play way better,” Jordan said. “Came out a little flat, but this next game, we needed this just so we can bounce back.”

The Blue Dragons will face off next against Ellsworth, Iowa on Sept. 28, with Jordan looking to have another stellar game.

Views: 16